Early today, I was doing some neck exercises and remembered another quick and simple one to do. The figure 8 neck exercises will loosen up your neck muscles and joints. I have a twist to this neck exercise and that is to do the infinity symbol as well. These are great break neck exercises to do and will help relieve neck tension.
These figure 8 neck exercises will work on the first two neck or cervical spine joints. This can become a neck workout by combining these figure 8 neck exercises with chin tucks and jaw exercises. These movements will help strengthen your neck as well as keep your neck flexible.
These figure 8 and infinity neck exercises can be done in any position whether sitting, standing or lying down. In general, you want to have good posture to keep your neck aligned properly and to avoid any other tension. You will want to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Let’s begin!
Figure 8 Neck Exercises:
- Breathe in
- Perform a chin tuck by bringing your chin back towards your shoulder blades
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together as if you were pinching them together
- Relax your jaw
- Use the tip of your nose to draw the figure 8
- Breathe out
- Reverse the figure 8 direction
- Now draw the infinity symbol with the tip of your nose
- Reverse the infinity symbol
- Do each direction 10 times each
- Repeat for 3 sets
These figure 8 and infinity neck exercises will help keep your neck muscles from stiffening up after a long day. Do these and other neck exercises from this blog to maintain flexibility and less neck tension. Try these new neck exercises and let me know how your day goes!