Do you feel like you are saying “yes” to everything these days? Make saying “yes” a neck exercise to help relieve neck tension. I know that doing head nods as neck exercises can be really easy to incorporate throughout your day and on a daily basis. The back of the neck will benefit from small gentle stretching motions. Doing head nods neck exercises will also help improve your neck posture.
No one will ever know that your nods are actually neck exercises and relieving stress on the neck. Make your head nods mean different yeses when you do say “yes” to someone. A small nod for “uhuh”, a moderate head nod for “oh ok”, a big head nod for “oh yea.” We tend to nod anyways during our conversations, now let’s consciously try to help our necks be pain free.
I’ll describe the head nods neck exercises as part of a clock, where the nose starts at 3 o’clock, the ceiling is 12 o’clock and the floor is 6 o’clock. Imagine your nose as the hand of the clock. These head nods neck exercises will be in the sitting position.
· Feet flat on the floor
· Rest your hands on your lap or by your side
· Relax your shoulders
· Bring your chin back towards your shoulders like a chin tuck
· Eyes looking straight ahead
· Your nose should be pointing at the wall straight ahead at 3 o’clock
Head Nod Neck Exercises:
· Take a breath in and breath out with each movement
· Lead your nose up towards to 2 o’clock and lower your nose to 4 o’clock
· Raise your nose to 1 o’clock and bring your nose towards 5 o’clock
· Bring your nose and head up towards 12 o’clock and then down to 6 o’clock
· Lastly, bring your head back towards 11 o’clock and then towards your chest to 7 o’clock
· Repeat 10 times with each movement
These head nods neck exercises should be slow, smooth and controlled motions. There should not be any pain or discomfort in the neck while doing any neck exercises. When doing these head nods neck exercises, relax the jaw and avoid clenching your teeth. You should feel your neck looser and less tense after this head nod neck exercises.